mod 3

Part 1 Quality Questioning- Chapter 1: Quality Questioning is a process informed by research and best practice linked to student achievement. It results from international, and ideally collaborative, teacher planning and deliberate, real time decision-making. It unfolds the classroom cultures co-created by students and teachers who value relationships based upon mutual trust and respect. Chapter 1: Pg 9 Chart. I will commit to this cycle in several ways. My point that in the cycle that i really wanted to focus on is posing the question. In the breakdown in posing the question it notes "afford time to think" I always remember getting questions from my teachers and feeling like i was on a timer to answer. I will be sure to give my students time to think about the question asked. I also would be sure to use Process the students response. I like that they noted to use the students response as feedback to guide next instructional moves this is apart of letting the students set the pace of the classroom. It is also a great way to transition . Maybe a students question could also inform you of where they are in the thinking process which could also let you know they are NOT ready yo move fwd.Chapter 2 Pg 24
I would be sure when planning my lessons to use the Less is more. Less is more is preparing a limited number of focus questions in advance of class enhances student thinking and learning. I would not want to overwhelm students and as a teacher sometimes trying to be the BEST teacher ever we can over do it,On Page 86-87 It discussed using the Choral responses. This type of responses is usually used for one answer questions. This type of responses is used where students respond as a group, but not like call outs. I would use a signal for when I wanted the question to be answered. I would also let the students give me a thumbs up, thumbs to the side, or thumbs down to their answer. Thumbs up yes thumbs down no thumbs to the side I am not sure. (chap 3)I think that after reviewing the chart on page 118 for chapter four I would let my students think of answers in groups because sometimes that think to yourself can lead to day dreaming. I can think of being told to think to myself and then I find myself wondering what I would be eating for lunch. Also, I have found myself not even understanding the question that was asked, but hearing the responses from my peers in my group helped me better understand what was being asked.Chapter 5 pg 150 in the chart noted to listen actively to understand the students thinking. I wouldn't say I would necessarily struggle with this, but as educators we sometimes are always looking for that right answer from the student we can miss other things that they could have mentioned . For example a student could give me a wrong answer, but could have made a good point to another part of the lesson. It is important to not just say wrong answer, but maybe say you made a good point that goes along with the second part of this lesson. This is a way you are not just shooting the student down for a incorrect answer.
PART 2 QUALITY QUESTIONING

https://realtimeboard.com/app/board/o9J_kz3upEY=/


PART 3
The two tools I would like to use for quality questioning are Polldaddy and Peardeck,
Polldaddy allows the teacher to create surveys, polls, and quizzes. I of course would pose a quality question to my students and let them download the app polldaddy and use that to answer the question this allows to students to use their smart phones or other forms of technology which they love to do. This also keeps my students engaged, Pear deck was found by educators on a mission to help teachers engage Every student Every day. Pear deck is partnered with google. The students are allowed to answer question anynoymous to other students but not to the teacher. This is a big help for those shy students who would not like the their peers to know that they were wrong.






Comments

Popular Posts